- 1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 6 lemon slices
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil; grease lightly. Place salmon skin side down on foil. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and onion salt. Top with onion and lemon. Dot with butter. Fold foil around salmon; seal tightly,
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Open foil carefully, allowing steam to escape. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine the sauce ingredients until smooth. Serve with salmon. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
"Quick and fantastic!"
"This was great! No changes needed. Will make this again."
"Loved this mild sauce... Very good"
"This was the best ever salmon recipe I think I have made. The dill sauce was mouthwatering!!! Loved it."
"This was so good! To lighten it up I only used a very small amount of butter and substituted fat free Greek yogurt for both the sour cream and mayo in the sauce. It was wonderful- will definitely be making again."