- 1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 6 lemon slices
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil; grease lightly. Place salmon skin side down on foil. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and onion salt. Top with onion and lemon. Dot with butter. Fold foil around salmon; seal tightly,
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Open foil carefully, allowing steam to escape. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine the sauce ingredients until smooth. Serve with salmon. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
"I made this - will make it again but prefer more dill and less horseradish - will use 1/2 teaspoon horseradish and full tsp dill."
"I tried this recipe while vacationing in Hawaii with the family...it was by far the best salmon I have ever made! So moist and the dill sauce was just the perfect added touch. Thank you Taste of Home. This is now a regular for when we have guests!"
"Great recipe. Whole family loved it, a keeper for sure."
"Found this looking for a dill sauce, however... Scary how many recipes out there still recommend cooking with aluminum foil."
"What can I say, it's delicious! We have it on rotation now. Thank you Susan for submitting an excellent recipe."
"This one is a keeper. The dill sauce can be used as a veggie or chip dip too. I had some fresh dill but I also added dry along with a zest of a lemon. Rely good and easy to."
"quick and fantastic!"
"This was great! No changes needed. Will make this again."
"Loved this mild sauce... Very good"
"This was the best ever salmon recipe I think I have made. The dill sauce was mouthwatering!!! Loved it."