"I make each meal from scratch, which results in a lot of hit-or-miss attempts, but this grilled salmon is a surefire winner!" confirms Nancy Shirvani of Terryville, Connecticut. "It makes a perfect light summer supper."
Featured In: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- CITRUS SALSA:
- 3/4 cup pink grapefruit segments, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup orange segments, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon, skin side down, on grill. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salmon with Citrus Salsa in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p16
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon with Citrus Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2011
"As Pacific NW salmon lovers, we are always on the lookout for great new salmon recipes. This is a winner! Even won over our "don't eat fish" son and daugher-in-law."