Salmon with Chive Mayonnaise Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 salmon steaks (3/4 inch thick)
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside 1/3 cup for serving. Place salmon steaks on a broiler rack. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 9 minutes. Brush with remaining mayonnaise mixture. Turn salmon over; broil 9 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with the reserved mayonnaise mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 730 calories, 63g fat (10g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 402mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 34g protein
Reviews for Salmon with Chive Mayonnaise
"I use BOTH chicken broth AND the white wine rather than either-or. I also add in perhaps a wee bit more chicken broth for added flavor. All the rest is the same. The sophisticated chive-mayo mixture makes it taste like it could be presented in a restaurant! Never overcook salmon--you want it to remain moist!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.