Salmon with Chive Mayonnaise Recipe
It's easy to stir together this thick sauce to dress up broiled salmon steaks. The fish seems special but is really no fuss to prepare. Serve with crisp deli coleslaw and store-bought lemon cake for dessert...or try a Caesar salad and frozen key lime pie.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 salmon steaks (3/4 inch thick)
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside 1/3 cup for serving. Place salmon steaks on a broiler rack. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 9 minutes. Brush with remaining mayonnaise mixture. Turn salmon over; broil 9 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with the reserved mayonnaise mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Salmon with Chive Mayonnaise in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p47
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon with Chive Mayonnaise(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review