Salmon with Balsamic-Honey Glaze
Look no further—you’ve just found the first, last and only way you’ll ever want to fix salmon again. The sweet and tangy flavors blend beautifully in this easy-to-remember recipe. —Mary Lou Timpson, Centennial Park, AZ
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- Combine the first six ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Place salmon skin side down on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon glaze over salmon;
- top with oregano.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Tip: to check for doneness, insert a fork at an angle into the thickest portion of the salmon and gently part the meat. When it's opaque and flakes into sections, it's cooked completely.