Salmon Teriyaki Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sake
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sake, brown sugar and mirin. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain salmon and discard marinade. In a large skillet, cook salmon in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- 3. Add reserved marinade to pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 6 minutes. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 salmon fillet with 1 tablespoon sauce: 372 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 1202mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0g fiber), 31g protein .
Reviews for Salmon Teriyaki
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.