Salmon is a hearty fish that easily stands up to the robust teriyaki flavor in this recipe from our home economists. The short prep time will appeal to busy cooks.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sake
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sake, brown sugar and mirin.
- Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the
- salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30
- minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain salmon and discard marinade. In a large skillet, cook salmon in
- oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish
- flakes easily with a fork. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add reserved marinade to pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is
- reduced by half, about 6 minutes. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 salmon fillet with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 372 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 1,202 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a