Salmon Tartlets Recipe
I like to serve these bite-size snacks as the first course of an Easter or Christmas brunch. The lemon herb sauce nicely complements the salmon filling.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed and flaked
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- LEMON HERB SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and flour until smooth. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, butter and lemon juice. Stir in the bread crumbs, parsley, sage, salt and pepper; mix well. Add the salmon, celery onion. Spoon into prepared crusts.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with tartlets. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 each: 476 calories, 38g fat (17g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 641mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein .
Reviews for Salmon Tartlets
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC