Salmon Tarragon Recipe
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Carefully add the salmon. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute the onions in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the peas, sour cream and seasonings; heat through. Serve over salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 2/3 cup sauce equals 373 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 519 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.