Salmon Supper Recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) boneless skinless pink salmon
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, milk and soup until blended. Add to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until smooth. Stir in the salmon, peas and lemon juice.
- 3. Pour into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Do not unroll crescent dough; cut into eight equal slices. Arrange over salmon mixture.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 480 calories, 26 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 1,484 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.