Salmon-Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) red salmon, drained, deboned and flaked
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet pickle
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the salmon, celery, pickle, chives and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and lemon-pepper. Add to salmon mixture and mix gently. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Core tomatoes; cut into four to six wedges, not cutting all the way through. Place tomatoes on each of six salad plates; top with salmon salad. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 280 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 753 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Salmon-Stuffed Tomatoes
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.