You can serve this salmon salad in a tomato as suggested or by itself on a bed of lettuce. Either way, folks will rave about the wonderful flavor.Glennis Stuart Liles, Greenup, Kentucky
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) red salmon, drained, deboned and flaked
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet pickle
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 6 medium tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, celery, pickle, chives and green
- pepper. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt
- and lemon-pepper. Add to salmon mixture and mix gently. Cover and
- refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Core tomatoes; cut into four to six wedges, not cutting all the way
- through. Place tomatoes on each of six salad plates; top with salmon
- salad. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 280 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 753 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.