You can serve this salmon salad in a tomato as suggested or by itself on a bed of lettuce. Either way, folks will rave about the wonderful flavor.—Glennis Stuart Liles, Greenup, Kentucky
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) red salmon, drained, deboned and flaked
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet pickle
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 6 medium tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, celery, pickle, chives and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and lemon-pepper. Add to salmon mixture and mix gently. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Core tomatoes; cut into four to six wedges, not cutting all the way through. Place tomatoes on each of six salad plates; top with salmon salad. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Salmon-Stuffed Tomatoes in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p41
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salmon-Stuffed Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review