Salmon-Stuffed Snow Peas
Leona Schmidt's colorful pea pods are a welcome treat at luncheons and family gatherings. "They're simple to makeI just fill a plastic bag with the smoked salmon filling, snip off a corner and pipe it into the pods," says the Madras, Oregon cook.
25 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas (about 75)
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 package (3 ounces) smoked salmon or lox, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add peas. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain
- and immediately place peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry. With a
- sharp knife, split each pea pod along the curved edge.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the salmon, garlic
- salt and pepper. Transfer to a pastry bag or heavy-duty resealable
- bag; cut a hole in corner of bag. Pipe in about 1 teaspoon salmon
- mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Yield: 25 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3 filled snow peas) equals 29 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.