Salmon-Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
- 4 medium baking potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces smoked salmon or lox, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 teaspoons minced chives
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 40-60 minutes or until tender. Cool until easy to handle. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- 2. In a bowl, mash the pulp with sour cream. Stir in the buttermilk, butter salt, and pepper. Gently fold in salmon. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed potato equals 307 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 820 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Salmon-Stuffed Potatoes
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.