Salmon Stroganoff Recipe
- 4 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the noodles, salmon, mushrooms and pimientos. In another large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and salt; add to noodle mixture. Stir in cheddar cheese.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 651 calories, 43g fat (18g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 1413mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein
Reviews for Salmon Stroganoff
"We hardly make dishes using canned salmon, but this one caught my eye. I have Type I diaetes, so must watch my carb intake. This sounds delicious."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.