Salmon Stroganoff Recipe
- 4 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the noodles, salmon, mushrooms and pimientos. In another large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and salt; add to noodle mixture. Stir in cheddar cheese.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 651 calories, 43g fat (18g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 1413mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein .
Reviews for Salmon Stroganoff
"We hardly make dishes using canned salmon, but this one caught my eye. I have Type I diaetes, so must watch my carb intake. This sounds delicious."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.