Salmon Stroganoff Recipe
A golden brown crumb topping is the finishing touch on this rich noodle casserole that takes advantage of canned salmon from the pantry. "It's so good that I'm always asked for the recipe," comments Joan Sherlock from Belle Plaine, Minnesota.
- 4 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, salmon, mushrooms and pimientos. In another large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and salt; add to noodle mixture. Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Salmon Stroganoff in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salmon Stroganoff(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review