Salmon Steaks with Dill Sauce Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon steaks (1 inch thick)
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1. In a large skillet, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Add salmon. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, dill, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 864 calories, 52g fat (14g saturated fat), 262mg cholesterol, 1433mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 83g protein .
Reviews for Salmon Steaks with Dill Sauce
"Picture doesn't do this dish justice. It's is fabulous. One way to get my kids to eat salmon."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.