Salmon Steaks with Dill Sauce Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon steaks (1 inch thick)
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1. In a large skillet, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Add salmon. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, dill, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 864 calories, 52g fat (14g saturated fat), 262mg cholesterol, 1433mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 83g protein.
Reviews for Salmon Steaks with Dill Sauce
"Picture doesn't do this dish justice. It's is fabulous. One way to get my kids to eat salmon."