"No one who tastes this creamy spread can believe it's a 'lighter' appetizer," confides Sandra Chambers of Carthage, Mississippi. "It's easy to make and special enough for a holiday party."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 carton (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese spread
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Crackers or bread
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, onion, lemon juice, horseradish
- and mustard. Stir in the salmon. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with
- crackers or as a sandwich spread. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/4 cup) equals 103 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 411 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat.