Salmon Spread Loaf
Salmon is one of Alaska's greatest "natural resources". This quick spread is delicious with chips, crackers or toasted French bread.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Fresh dill or parsley, optional
- Toasted bread rounds or crackers
- In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients. Spread on a serving
- platter and shape into a loaf or ball. Top with sour cream. Chill.
- Sprinkle with dill or parsley if desired. Serve with bread rounds or
- crackers. Yield: 8-10 appetizer servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 268 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 557 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein.