Salmon Spirals with Cucumber Sauce Recipe
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound)
- 8 fresh dill sprigs
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. Remove skin from fillet and discard. Cut fillet lengthwise into four strips. Place two dill sprigs on each strip; roll up. Thread salmon onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- 2. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, oil and mustard; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 skewers (1-1/3 cups sauce).
1 skewer with 1/3 cup sauce equals 253 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.