- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound)
- 8 fresh dill sprigs
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Remove skin from fillet and discard. Cut fillet lengthwise into four strips. Place two dill sprigs on each strip; roll up. Thread salmon onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, oil and mustard; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon.
- Yield: 4 skewers (1-1/3 cups sauce).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon Spirals with Cucumber Sauce
"This was excellent. The amount of the sauce could be reduced some I think. I'd probably cut in half. But any leftover makes a wonderful salad dressing! I will definitely make this again. And yes, as other reviewers have said, very impressive for guests! Thanks for submitting Rosalind!"
"Can this be done in the oven? Not everyone has a grill/bbq. If it can, how long would I cook it?"
"It's so easy and deliciousIt's a great company dishTmy husband especially liked the sauceThanks for submitting this recipe"
"Very simple to prepare, and delicious to eat!"
"I will try again"
"This is probably the single best meal I have ever made. It was super easy to make and delicious. It's a pretty meal too, so I will keep this in mind when we have company over."