- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound)
- 8 fresh dill sprigs
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Remove skin from fillet and discard. Cut fillet lengthwise into four strips. Place two dill sprigs on each strip; roll up. Thread salmon onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, oil and mustard; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 skewers (1-1/3 cups sauce).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salmon Spirals with Cucumber Sauce
Sort By :
This was excellent. The amount of the sauce could be reduced some I think. I'd probably cut in half. But any leftover makes a wonderful salad dressing! I will definitely make this again. And yes, as other reviewers have said, very impressive for guests! Thanks for submitting Rosalind!
Can this be done in the oven? Not everyone has a grill/bbq. If it can, how long would I cook it?
It's so easy and delicious
It's a great company dish
Tmy husband especially liked the sauce
Thanks for submitting this recipe
Very simple to prepare, and delicious to eat!
I will try again