Salmon Spinach Salad Recipe
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1. Brush salmon with 4 tablespoons orange juice concentrate. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, paprika and pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the spinach, orange, green onions and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, garlic, remaining orange juice concentrate and salt. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
- 3. Divide among plates; sprinkle with cheese. Top with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 350 calories, 21 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.