I have always loved the combination of salmon and orange, but the great thing about this salad is being able to do variations. If you don't have goat cheese, try feta. —Stephanie Matthews, Tempe, Arizona
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Brush salmon with 4 tablespoons orange juice concentrate. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, paprika and pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the spinach, orange, green onions and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, garlic, remaining orange juice concentrate and salt. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
- Divide among plates; sprinkle with cheese. Top with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salmon Spinach Salad in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012, p42
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salmon Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review