- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Brush salmon with 4 tablespoons orange juice concentrate. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, paprika and pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the spinach, orange, green onions and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, garlic, remaining orange juice concentrate and salt. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
- Divide among plates; sprinkle with cheese. Top with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salmon Spinach Salad
"This was nice, not only did it get my hubby involved in the cooking process, it's a way to get him to eat more salad and fish. Trying to get him to eat healthier and cut back on fat and calories is like nailing jello to a tree. He liked this and plan on adding this to my go to's from now on."
"This salad is absolutely delicious."
"My family loved this! Gave it a $35.00 price tag if it were served in a fine dining restraurant. I substituted the goat cheese for feta and the walnuts for cashews, and then I used the "Cutie" oranges. I also tossed the spinach with everything except the oranges, green onions,feta and nuts. After assembling everything on the plate I sprinked on the nuts, crumbled feta, and onion and arranged the orange slices around the plate. This makes a wonderful plated meal."