Salmon Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until tender, adding spinach during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, 1 teaspoon garlic salt, paprika, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Coat salmon with flour mixture.
- Cook salmon in 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- Saute onion in remaining butter in the same pan until tender. Add the beans, cream, thyme and remaining garlic salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain potatoes and spinach; add to skillet. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon Skillet(2)
Sort By :
We love everything about this recipe. It is amazing. We eat it all the time. Especially the potatoes. Fantastic.
Simple to put together and tastes good. Used only 1 pkg of spinach vs. 2 just due to personal preference. Wish I could find the nutritional info. but felt light despite the cream. Thanks for another good recipe