This main-dish salad was inspired by something I ate while on a trip. The glazed walnuts give it a little something special. I've also topped it with grilled chicken or portobello mushrooms when they're on hand. —Joanna Kobernik, Berkley, Michigan
Recommended: 43 Amazing Ways to Love Sweet Potatoes
- 2 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1/4 cup glazed walnuts
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Brush salmon with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette; sprinkle with pepper. On a greased grill rack, cook salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or just until fish begins to flake easily with a fork.
- In a bowl, toss salad greens with remaining vinaigrette. Divide between two plates; sprinkle with walnuts and cheese. Top with salmon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Salmon Salad with Glazed Walnuts in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salmon Salad with Glazed Walnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review