Salmon Salad-Stuffed Endive Leaves
Salmon creates an elegant appetizer in this vibrant recipe from Melissa Carafa of Broomall, Pennsylvania. It’s simple to prepare and can even be made ahead of time.
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 salmon fillet (6 ounces), cooked and flaked
- 1/4 cup tartar sauce
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 head Belgian endive (about 5 ounces), separated into leaves
- Additional snipped fresh dill, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the salmon, tartar sauce, capers, dill and
- lemon-pepper. Spoon about 2 teaspoonfuls onto each endive leaf.
- Garnish with additional dill if desired. Refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 14 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 42 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.