Salmon Salad Pitas Recipe
From Bloomington, Indiana, Cheryl Bainbridge promises, “Stuffed in whole wheat pitas, these salmon sandwiches make a healthy lunch. My husband and sons love them as leftovers.”
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 romaine leaves
- 4 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- Place 2 in. of water in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; carefully add salmon. Poach, uncovered, for 6-12 minutes or until fish is firm and flakes easily with a fork. Remove salmon with a slotted spatula. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the celery, cucumber, sour cream, mayonnaise and seasonings. Flake the salmon; stir into salad mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve in lettuce-lined pita breads. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salmon Salad Pitas in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p25
Reviews for Salmon Salad Pitas(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review