Salmon Rice Puff
This simple recipe is from the 1930s, but it's just as delicious today. My mother served it with creamed vegetables.
3-4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Stir in the salmon, rice,
- onions, celery, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Transfer to a
- greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle cheese; bake 10
- minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 325 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 171 mg cholesterol, 709 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.