Meet the Cook: This recipe came to me from my mother - it's the kind you request after just one bite! Unlike some quiches, it's also hearty enough that it appeals equally to both woman and men.
Cooking is something that I've always liked. I pore over cookbooks the way other people read novels! In addition, I collect antique kitchen utensils. My husband and I have one son, 12.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (10 inches)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 5 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty
- foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes
- longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle
- cheese in the crust; top with salmon and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and salt; pour over salmon
- mixture. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with parsley if
- desired. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 448 calories, 29 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 219 mg cholesterol, 610 mg sodium,