Salmon Quiche Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (10 inches)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle cheese in the crust; top with salmon and onion.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and salt; pour over salmon mixture. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 448 calories, 29 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 219 mg cholesterol, 610 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.