Salmon Quesadillas Recipe
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Guacamole or salsa
- 1. In a skillet, saute garlic in oil until fragrant. Stir in the salmon, basil and pepper; heat through.
- 2. Meanwhile, spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas on a griddle, buttered side down. Sprinkle one half of each tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese and a fourth of the salmon; top each with 1/4 cup cheese. Fold other half over filling.
- 3. Cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut each into wedges; serve with guacamole or salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
3 wedges equals 664 calories, 39 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 1,264 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 48 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.