Salmon Puffs Recipe
In Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, Carolyn Moseley uses convenient pastry shells to serve this elegant entree. "You would never guess that this is a second-day dish," she says.
- 2 frozen puff pastry shells or 2 slices toast
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup fully cooked salmon chunks or 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1. Bake pastry shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, combine the preserves, horseradish and vinegar in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in salmon and heat through. Spoon into pastry shells or over toast; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC