- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 cups soft bread cubes (about 2-1/2 slices)
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk and soup; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake 50 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salmon Puff
"Very good! So easy to put together on a work night. I did add a little chopped green and red pepper. Instead of canned salmon, I used Chicken of the Sea Pink Salmon pouches, which are already cleaned of bones and skin. I made a thin white sauce with peas in which we spooned over the individual pieces! Family loved it! Thanks so much!"
"This was easy to make and tasted great! I didn't change anything. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for sharing this recipe!"
"This was great - didn't change a thing. I will serve this again everyone loved it."
"Not only are the bones chock full of calcium but the bones soften in the canning process. I live in salmon country in Ak. and I have canned salmon for 45 years. The bones are my favorite part!"
"Wonderful recipe and very easy! I used leftover fresh salmon rather than the canned and it turned out really well! I also added grated carrot and about a cup of sauteed mushrooms for a "complete meal" casserole. It's been added to my recipe book of favorites!"