Salmon Patties Recipe
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 can (6 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the potatoes, salmon, onion, cracker crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper and egg yolk; mix well. Beat egg white until stiff peaks form; fold into salmon mixture.
- 2. Shape into six patties. Heat oil in a large skillet; fry the patties over medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Garnish with lemon if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
3 patties equals 425 calories, 27 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 156 mg cholesterol, 1,002 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Salmon Patties
"I have been looking for a good recipe for salmon patties for years, and I finally found it. My husband said they tasted like the salmon patties his Norwegian grandmother used to make."
"This sounds great I'm going to try it."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.