Salmon Patties with Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon blackening seasoning
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 6 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add salmon; mix well. Shape into six patties. In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties in butter over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon patties. Yield: 6 servings.
1 patty with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 273 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 1,119 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.