- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon blackening seasoning
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 6 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add salmon; mix well. Shape into six patties. In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties in butter over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side or until browned.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon patties. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salmon Patties with Mustard Sauce
"I cut the recipe in half and got 4 patties of good size. easy and good for you. I didn't have the blackening seasoning so used an Italian blend that we bought in Italy on vacation. Has some salt and lots of Italian seasoning."
"Mayo makes your salmon cakes wonderful! Use your favorite recipe and just add some mayo...YUM!"