Salmon Patties with Caper Mayonnaise Recipe
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 5 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 pouches (6 ounces each) boneless skinless pink salmon
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, capers, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon mustard and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute the onion and celery in 1 teaspoon oil until crisp-tender. In a bowl, combine the onion mixture, salmon, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, egg and remaining mustard and pepper. Shape into four patties; coat with remaining bread crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook salmon patties in remaining oil for 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with caper mayonnaise. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 806 calories, 56g fat (10g saturated fat), 181mg cholesterol, 2057mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 40g protein .
Reviews for Salmon Patties with Caper Mayonnaise
"I love the simple combination of flavors in this recipe - it's a favorite in my family. I substitute fresh salmon for even more flavor and texture. Yum!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.