Salmon Patties with Caper Mayonnaise Recipe
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 5 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 pouches (6 ounces each) boneless skinless pink salmon
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, capers, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon mustard and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute the onion and celery in 1 teaspoon oil until crisp-tender. In a bowl, combine the onion mixture, salmon, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, egg and remaining mustard and pepper. Shape into four patties; coat with remaining bread crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook salmon patties in remaining oil for 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with caper mayonnaise. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 806 calories, 56g fat (10g saturated fat), 181mg cholesterol, 2057mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 40g protein.
Reviews for Salmon Patties with Caper Mayonnaise
"I love the simple combination of flavors in this recipe - it's a favorite in my family. I substitute fresh salmon for even more flavor and texture. Yum!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.