- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 5 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 pouches (6 ounces each) boneless skinless pink salmon
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, capers, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon mustard and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a small skillet, saute the onion and celery in 1 teaspoon oil until crisp-tender. In a bowl, combine the onion mixture, salmon, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, egg and remaining mustard and pepper. Shape into four patties; coat with remaining bread crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook salmon patties in remaining oil for 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with caper mayonnaise. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Salmon Patties with Caper Mayonnaise in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p229
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salmon Patties with Caper Mayonnaise
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2013
"I love the simple combination of flavors in this recipe - it's a favorite in my family. I substitute fresh salmon for even more flavor and texture. Yum!"