This is a recipe I often use when I am expecting company. It is a perfect appetizer.—Gudrun Braker, Burnet, Wisconsin
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- Garnishes (sliced almonds, pimiento-stuffed green olive, celery rib, parsley)
- Drain, debone and flake salmon. Add the remaining ingredients except the garnishes.
- On a platter, mold salmon mixture into a fish shape. Arrange almonds to resemble scales. Use slice of olive for eye, thin strips of celery for the tail. Garnish with parsley. Chill until serving. Serve with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Salmon Pate in The Best of Country Cooking 1993
Reviews for Salmon Pate
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review