Salmon Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 cups fully cooked salmon chunks or 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) pink salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1-1/2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head lettuce, torn
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the pasta, salmon, tomatoes, cucumber and onion. For dressing, combine the oil, lemon or lime juice, dill, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well. Pour over pasta. Cover and chill. Serve over lettuce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 332 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Salmon Pasta Salad
"This is one of our favorite summer meals. Definitely use fresh lemons. I generally use fresh salmon that I poach, cool, and then break into chunks. Fresh dill is also a nice addition."
"Great for a light meal on a summer evening! I used leftover cooked fresh salmon and sunblush tomatoes. Awesome and also healthy!"
"this is a nice light meal salad that has awesome flavor. I prefer to use the packaged salmon over the canned version. I use whole grain pasta and olive oil to make an even healthier version."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.