Salmon Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 cups fully cooked salmon chunks or 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) pink salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1-1/2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head lettuce, torn
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the pasta, salmon, tomatoes, cucumber and onion. For dressing, combine the oil, lemon or lime juice, dill, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well. Pour over pasta. Cover and chill. Serve over lettuce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 332 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 514 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Salmon Pasta Salad
"This is one of our favorite summer meals. Definitely use fresh lemons. I generally use fresh salmon that I poach, cool, and then break into chunks. Fresh dill is also a nice addition."
"Great for a light meal on a summer evening! I used leftover cooked fresh salmon and sunblush tomatoes. Awesome and also healthy!"
"this is a nice light meal salad that has awesome flavor. I prefer to use the packaged salmon over the canned version. I use whole grain pasta and olive oil to make an even healthier version."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.