"I created this recipe one Sunday afternoon to use up ingredients I had on hand," comments Jenny Kimberlin of Overland Park, Kansas. "My husband and a guest loved the tasty combination of salmon, vegetables and noodles."
Recommended: 66 Recipes to Make This Spring
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine, broken in half
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 envelope Alfredo sauce mix
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cubed cooked salmon
- crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon, optional
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the broccoli, onion and green pepper in 2 tablespoons butter until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sauce mix, milk, water, salt, pepper and remaining butter. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Add the salmon and heat through. Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture. Top with sauce and gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salmon Pasta Primavera in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p42