Salmon Mousse Endive Leaves Recipe
I recently made this simple but elegant appetizer to rave reviews. This thick mousse has a lovely presentation well suited for special occasions.—Doreen Matthew, San Marcos, California
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) smoked salmon or lox
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 24 endive leaves
- Watercress and diced pimientos, optional
- 1. Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Pipe or spoon about 1 tablespoon filling onto each endive leaf. Garnish with watercress and pimientos if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 45 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC