Salmon Mousse Cups Recipe
I make these tempting little tarts frequently for parties. They disappear at an astonishing speed, so I usually double or triple the recipe. The salmon-cream cheese filling and flaky crust will melt in your mouth. -Fran Rowland, Phoenix, Arizona
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fully cooked salmon chunks or 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add flour and mix well. Shape into 24 balls; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the salmon, broth, sour cream, onion, lemon juice and salt until blended. Spoon into the shells. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with dill. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 228 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 359 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Salmon Mousse Cups
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC