Salmon Mousse Canapes
It’s so easy to top crunchy cucumber slices with a smooth and creamy salmon filling. Guests rave about the fun presentation, contrasting textures and refreshing flavor.
40 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon or lox
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional snipped fresh dill
- Peel strips from cucumbers to create a decorative edge; cut cucumbers
- into 1/2-in. slices. Using a melon baller, remove a small amount of
- cucumber from the center, leaving the bottom intact.
- Place the cream cheese, salmon, milk, lemon pepper and dill in a food
- processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl
- and season with salt and pepper. In another bowl, beat cream until
- stiff peaks form. Fold into salmon mixture.
- Pipe or dollop mousse onto cucumber slices; garnish with dill.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Yield: about 3 dozen.