Salmon Macaroni Bake
"A neighbor brought us this creamy casserole the night after our newborn daughter came home from the hospital," recalls Carrie Mitchell of Raleigh, North Carolina. "It was so good, we couldn't resist heating up the leftovers the next morning."
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (14 ounces) deluxe macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 pouch (6 ounces) boneless skinless pink salmon
- 1 tablespoon grated onion or 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Stir in
- the soup, milk, salmon, onion and cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread
- crumbs; dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes
- or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 599 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 1,748 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.