"A neighbor brought us this creamy casserole the night after our newborn daughter came home from the hospital," recalls Carrie Mitchell of Raleigh, North Carolina. "It was so good, we couldn't resist heating up the leftovers the next morning."
Recommended: 38 Cast-Iron Skillet Recipes
- 1 package (14 ounces) deluxe macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 pouch (6 ounces) boneless skinless pink salmon
- 1 tablespoon grated onion or 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Stir in the soup, milk, salmon, onion and cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs; dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salmon Macaroni Bake in Quick Cooking December 2000, p22
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Salmon Macaroni Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review