Salmon Linguine Alfredo
Jars of prepared Alfredo sauce and a can of salmon speed up this creamy pasta dish sent in by Arlene Mackun of St. George, Utah. TIP: You can drain two 6-ounce cans of crabmeat and use them instead of the salmon.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pouches (6 ounces each) boneless skinless pink salmon
- 2 jars (17 ounces each) Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook the onions in butter over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add salmon; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in the Alfredo sauce, sherry or broth, celery salt, parsley and
- pepper; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Drain linguine;
- top with the salmon mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 468 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 869 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.