Salmon in Lime Sauce
Helen Vail marinates salmon and vegetables in a pleasant lime mixture, then tucks individual portions into foil packets. "I like to serve them with grilled skewers of corn-on-the-cob rounds, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes," adds the Glenside, Pennsylvania cook.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1-1/3 cups lime juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Pour half of the
- marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the salmon. Seal
- bag and turn to coat. Add the tomato, pepper and onions to remaining
- marinade; refrigerate fish and vegetables for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade from fish and vegetables. Place each
- salmon fillet and about 1/3 cup vegetable mixture on a double
- thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Fold foil around
- mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until fish
- flakes easily with a fork. Open carefully to allow steam to escape.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.