Salmon Dill Croissants
From Orleans, Ontario, Maya Whittier shares Salmon Dill Croissants. "The original recipe made a cheese ball that my parents only served at Christmas parties," she recalls. "It was so delicious on crackers that I decided to try it as a filling inside croissants.
"These smoky salmon sandwiches taste so wonderfully rich that everyone assumes they're gourmet," Maya writes. "No one needs to know th
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 6 croissants, split
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the salmon,
- mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion, horseradish, dill, salt, garlic
- powder and Liquid Smoke if desired. Spread over croissants; top with
- lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 488 calories, 35 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 879 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.