Salmon Dill Croissants Recipe
From Orleans, Ontario, Maya Whittier shares Salmon Dill Croissants. "The original recipe made a cheese ball that my parents only served at Christmas parties," she recalls. "It was so delicious on crackers that I decided to try it as a filling inside croissants. "These smoky salmon sandwiches taste so wonderfully rich that everyone assumes they're gourmet," Maya writes. "No one needs to know they're so fast and easy to prepare by using canned salmon."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 6 croissants, split
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the salmon, mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion, horseradish, dill, salt, garlic powder and Liquid Smoke if desired. Spread over croissants; top with lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 488 calories, 35 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 879 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC