- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 6 croissants, split
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the salmon, mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion, horseradish, dill, salt, garlic powder and Liquid Smoke if desired. Spread over croissants; top with lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSalmon Dill Croissants
"I think that this recipe is something you'll either love or not love. I found the spread to be really rich (mostly because of the full block of cream cheese in it) and a little too much for a sandwich spread. I do think it would be great on crackers, as an appetizer. I served mine on Kaiser rolls instead of the croissants. I probably won't make it again, just because it was too much. I wanted a few bites of it, but it got to be a little overwhelming after that."